Use-a-Thon #1: Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela
- Dates: May 14 to June 24, 2018
- Local co-ordinator: FCEUSB at La Casita, email:
- Final team approval: Msc. Professor Carlos Castañeda, Social Science Department
- Byteball co-ordinator: Casper Niebe, @Punqtured on Slack, email
- Byteball jurors and helpers: (in Slack) @Punqtured, @Suirelav, @Slackjore
4.3 GB (plus 5000 bytes for transaction fees) are set aside for the prizes plus expenses See Explorer link.
- Prizes: 1st place 2 GB; 2nd place 1 GB; 3rd place 500 MB (0.5 GB); 4th place 200 MB (donation); Documentary team 100 MB (donation).
Prizes paid 4 July 2018 from third-party wallet in https://explorer.byteball.org/#2azkgEKokAbSPH4nhmCznEbwmcKDot+9BMUF+P13PS0=, and reimbursed from the correct address same day in https://explorer.byteball.org/#zcotOnYeTfFV5kaxJ71Or0OOOZgInYpdhmmlF0R+N4o=.
The documentary reward of 100 MB was not paid. The extra 5x100 MB were fast sign-up bonuses for the first five team signups.
- One team member must be a current student at USB
- The team's contact must be a current USB student
- The team's contact must be proficient in English and able to communicate with Byteball organizers on Slack
- The team's contact must be registered with FCEUSB with this information:
- Team number (assigned by FCEUSB in the order that the teams register so first team gets #101 etc)
- Team name (optional)
- Full name of team's contact
- Email of team's contact
- Wallet address for the team
- Team may get help from any external source they find relevant
- Team members who are current students must all be listed with name and email
- Information about identity of team members won't be shown on the wiki website, but is required for registering the team
- Register team as above by May 24, 2018
- The project must describe a real-world use case that the Byteball cryptocurrency platform could provide a solution to, to solve an actual problem in your community (can include the university)
- Project entries in PDF format must be written in English, summary of 150 words or less, in a normal project format showing main goal, sub-goals, details and milestones as applicable
- All entries shall be available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- Deadline for handing in projects is June 24, 2018 (email with attached PDF to local co-ordinator)
- If less than five projects are handed in, the competition will be cancelled
- If a team wants to submit more than one project, that is fine. Each project will be considered on its merits, whoever submits it
- Byteball reserves the right to (but really hopes it won't need to) cancel the competition at its own discretion
- See the presentation linked just below, including three videos showing Byteball features
- Download the platform/wallet from https://byteball.org, get millions of free tokens from the fun-coins faucet in the wallet, and enough Bytes (Byteball currency) for transaction fees from @Punqtured or @Slackjore or some other local person, and try out things
- Team contacts may ask questions directly on the Byteball Slack^ at http://slack.byteball.org (Channel #byteball_use-a-thon). Display the username "USB_TeamNNN", where NNN is your team number. Note that anyone can see these messages (there is no private help available). The three main people answering your Use-a-Thon questions are Punqtured, Suirelav and Slackjore. They are all in the UK/EU time zones (UTC +1/+2), although others may be able to answer general Byteball questions when these three are not available
- The rest of this wiki is very informative too.
^ To get on Slack, Team contacts can either:
- Go through slack.byteball.org and click one of the social media buttons Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or Linkedin. Depending on several factors (account age, number of followers etc.) you can get an immediate invite; otherwise you will receive an email from @cryptkeeper in which he will ask for other means of authentication. OR
- Email Punqtured at
email@example.com your usb.ve account giving your name and Team number. Ask for the invitation. He will forward your info to @cryptkeeper.
- Presentation (use arrow keys to move between slides)
- (Video) Presentation with commentary by Punqtured
The organizers will also give a reward of 1 GB for documentary material about this Use-a-Thon. No details worked out yet, but potential media-people should prepare material (videos, photographs, interviews etc) while it is taking place.
These are teams that have registered, and been approved to take part. "999" is a separate student team documenting the event.
|#||Team name (optional)||Address||Notes|